SmartLipo: Everything You Need to Know
The trend in recent years for cosmetic surgery has been to go as natural as possible. Instead of going under the knife, people are now opting for less invasive procedures such as SmartLipo. What is it? How does it work? Is it safe? These are just some of the questions that we will answer in this blog post. Read through and discover why you might want to visit a med spa and have this procedure done.
What is SmartLipo?
SmartLipo is a laser-assisted liposuction procedure that uses ultrasound to liquefy the fat cells under the skin and suction to remove those cells. This replaces traditional methods of surgery where an incision is necessary to remove them from the body.
How does it work?
Firstly, the area in which you are having treatment is cleaned with an anesthetic, and then the medic inserts a cannula (a medical device) into your skin. Next, ultrasound waves target those fat cells that need to be removed by liquefying them so they can be suctioned out through this cannula.
It’s important not to move during the treatment as any sudden movements could cause injury or damage to surrounding tissue. The whole process takes about 15 minutes per session. You will have between three and six sessions total, depending on how much needs removing from your body. Each session should take place no less than two weeks apart for best results.
Is it safe?
Laser-assisted liposuction has been in use since the 1990s and is a safe procedure. Unlike traditional surgery, you will not need to go under a general anesthetic as the treatment is entirely laser-assisted.
Research shows that the procedure is 100% safe. It doesn’t lead to complications such as infection, blood clots, or keloid scarring. One study found that the procedure significantly improves skin texture, fat burning, and skin tightening. There were side effects that you would expect from traditional liposuction, such as bruising and swelling.
What are some of the benefits of SmartLipo?
There are many reasons why people might want to have SmartLipo done, including:
- Weight control: This simple procedure targets those areas of your body that are difficult or impossible to exercise off the fat. This is a great option for people who have tried dieting and exercising but still can’t reach their desired weight gain/loss goals.
- Cellulite: Women who have cellulite on their thighs, buttocks, or stomach can use this procedure to help diminish the appearance of these areas.
- Stretch marks: SmartLipo is also great for removing stretch marks from a person’s body. Stretch marks appear after you gain weight quickly.
You may also want to consider SmartLipo because:
- It is a non-invasive procedure. This means that there is no need for surgery, and you will not have to experience any of the pain and recovery time that comes with this.
- It can be done during your lunch hour as sessions are typically around 15 minutes long. It’s nearly painless because there will only be some light pressure in areas under treatment.
- It’s an affordable procedure that does not require a long recovery period, which means you can return to work the next day if need be.
- It’s practically painless and has no downtime. This sounds perfect for those who want a quick fix without any fuss or inconvenience.
- There are no stitches or scars – the body heals itself naturally.
- The results last longer than traditional liposuction.
- Results are permanent – you don’t need to follow up treatments like with traditional liposuction.
At Hoboken Med Spa, we offer outstanding SmartLipo solutions that will leave you looking and feeling your best. Our team of experts is highly trained and will answer any questions you have about the process for free. Call us today to set up your consultation and determine if SmartLipo is the right choice for you.