Under-Eye Bags: How to Deal with It
Under-eye bags can be a devastating problem for anybody who is looking to look their best. But, luckily for you, it doesn’t have to be that way! In this blog post, we will talk about all the different ways you can get rid of under-eye bags and feel confident with your appearance. Some of these include surgery options as well as natural remedies that are available without any side effects.
Get Rid of Under-Eye Bags: A Comprehensive Guide
Understand the causes of under-eye bags
Understanding the causes of under-eye bags is the first step in treating them. Many different factors can contribute to this problem, such as:
- Lack of sleep but not enough rest or relaxation
- Some medications (antidepressants) and high blood pressure medicines
- Overproduction of a fluid called alpha hydroxy acid near your optic nerve makes it swell. Smoking cigarettes for an extended period
- Other medical conditions such as thyroid disease or eye injury from chemical exposure at work or home accidents involving ammonia cleaning products.
- Genetics also play a role because if one parent had dark circles and they pass on their genes to their children. Those kids may have some hereditary tendency toward developing these pouches.
Apply a cream concealer over the entire eyelid, then blend it out with your finger or a brush
A cream concealer will work best for this, as it is very easy to apply. Apply the concealer over your entire eyelid, and then blend it out with a finger or brush. This will cover up any of the dark circles you have underneath your eyes and provide a layer that will help lock in moisture. So you don’t get any dry patches.
Apply foundation on top of that and blend again for an even finish
Foundation will work as well, though you may need to apply a little extra moisturizer beforehand if your under-eye area is dry. Apply the foundation on top of the concealer and blend it out again for an even finish. Plus, you won’t have to worry about any of the dark circles showing through.
Use healthy lifestyle habits to prevent future breakouts.
Lifestyle habits can have a big impact on your skin, and preventative care is the best way to maintain healthy-looking skin. This will include drinking plenty of water, avoiding alcohol and sugar, using sunscreen daily (even in winter), wearing sunglasses when you’re out for long periods of time or if it’s sunny outside, eating healthier foods like fruits and vegetables with lots of nutrients that are good for your body internally as well as externally, and exercising every day.
Consider medical treatments at a med spa
Medical treatments, especially at a med spa, can also be a great way to get rid of under-eye bags. It will typically involve some type of injections, and there are many different types that offer various benefits, such as:
- Botox is often given in an area around the eyes to reduce wrinkles.
- Dermal fillers or fat transfer options work by filling out sunken areas with more volume (such as under your eyes). The filler lasts for about 12-18 months, depending on how much you use during the treatment process. There is no downtime when this procedure. But it may take up to six weeks before results show after the initial injection.
If both medical treatments don’t seem like something you want right now, or if they aren’t available near you, then try some natural remedies.
Avoid over-the-counter products that may worsen your condition.
Over-the-counter products are often very harsh and can worsen your condition. These substances may be the reason you are feeling worse about your appearance. So it is best to avoid them if possible.
Try petroleum jelly for bags that have accumulated underneath your eyes.
Petroleum jelly is a natural remedy that many people use with great success. It will provide moisture to dry skin while also preventing any breakouts from occurring around or under the eye area because of over-use of other products. The only downside to this type of product is that it takes at least 20 minutes before it begins working. So waiting more than 15-20 minutes could mean little difference between using something like this or not.